- Alcohol is not available at all retailers in all markets on Instacart.
- We cannot fulfill Special Requests or replacements for alcohol items.
- Customers ordering alcohol on Instacart will be required to provide their date of birth at checkout to confirm they are 21 or older. When the order is delivered, a recipient 21 or older must be present to sign for the delivery and show proof of legal age with a valid photo ID.
- Shoppers are legally obligated to verify your age and scan the barcode on your ID. Your information is not stored on their personal devices.
- The shopper may enter your information manually if the scan fails. *Please note— manual entry is not allowed in the state of California or from Costco and Walmart stores nationwide. If your order is from any store in California, any Costco, or any Walmart and the ID scan fails for any reason, your alcohol item(s) will be refunded and returned to the store.
- No orders containing alcohol will be delivered to any visibly intoxicated persons. No alcohol will be left unattended.
- If these requirements are not met at delivery, the alcohol items will not be delivered and the customer will not be charged for the value of the alcohol, excluding any delivery fees, bottle deposit fees, or tip.
**Please note— Instacart does not accept expired forms of IDs, such as driver licenses, for prescription or alcohol deliveries at this time. Certain states may have a grace period for when expired IDs can be renewed, but Instacart does not accept expired IDs at this time.